|Forum Home > General Discussion > Bremerton Aviation Education Center|
I'd like to gather ideas for the BAEC (Bremerton Aviation Education Center). Here's my ideas for it:
My proposal is the following:
1. EAA 406 enters into a five year lease with the Port of Bremerton for the building.
2. The CAP squadron and the Bremerton Pilots Association would enter into an agreement with EAA 406 for use of the building, with the three organizations paying for the monthly utilities expenses for heat, water, and electricity.
3. We would jointly hold a BAEC benefit BBQ in June/July to raise money for capital improvements to the building. My intention is to lean on resources such as the mayor of Bremerton to invite corporate sponsors such as Boeing, Alaska Airlines, Lowes, etc. to participate in the benefit BBQ and donate.
4. The initial capital improvements I have in mind would be:
1. Painting and spiffing up one of the side offices to accommodate the flight simulator.
2. Cleaning/grinding the floor and applying an epoxy seal coat.
3. Spiffing up the existing bathroom, which the port will make functional again with a new water line.
4. Replacement of the broken windows on the Highway 3 side that have long been painted over.
5. Build a balcony and stairs for storage of project components/tools/CAP student records.
6. Painting the exterior and installation of a BAEC sign as well as EAA/CAP/BPA signage.
7. Create a space and bookshelves for a library.
8. Build a set of four to six sturdy workbenches to be used for the aircraft construction/educational projects.
9. Obtain a set of tools to be used in the educational classes.
10. Purchase/obtain a set of chairs, overhead projector, sound system, and a gas BBQ for use in social meetings.
11. Obtain an airplane project or materials for the first BAEC airplane project.
Your comments on the plan are welcome.
Let’s make this happen!